The School Library started with a small collection in the year 1979 with its objectives to cater to the information needs and demands of scientists, teachers, staff, students and research scholars. The library has grown through the years with regard to its collection and holds a unique place of learning in the campus.
1. Year of establishment. : August 1979
|a. Books||30,000 vols (approx)|
|b. Back Volume Journals||3, 591 vols|
|c. Gifts||978 vols|
|d. Thesis||349 vols|
|Total||34, 918 vols|
3. Library Subscriptions:
|a. Foreign titles||06|
|b. Indian titles||86|
|c. Newspapers/ Magazines|
4. Online Resources
|a. CABI ONLINE abstracts 1990 till date|
|c. UGC INFONET|
5. Classification Scheme : DDC, 19th & 22nd Edition
6. Arrangement : Both closed and open access.
|b. Ph. D Scholars||27|
|c. M. Sc (Agri.)||105|
|d. B. Sc. (Agri.)||237|
8. Competitive Books Section: The library also maintains a small section for collection of competitive books on all civil services exam, NET, GATE, Banking, LIC, CAT, SSC, AIEE, Defence etc. Every year it is update by procuring the latest editions for enabling students to update themselves for appearing in all competitive examinations.
9. Library Automation:(a)The school library is partially automated using SOUL 2.0 software developed by INFLIBNET, and altogether 22,570 vols. of book database are now created in the SOUL software. Book issue and return using RFID based library readers tickets is done through the SOUL and KIOSK machine.(b) Library management software (LMS) developed by Promethus Infotech Pvt. Ltd., Pune is being used for RFID based library security system.
10. Internet: The school library has Internet connectivity through BSNL broadband which provides free Internet browsing to students, faculty and research scholars for searching information in the net.
11. Other Facilities: The school library also provides photocopying, Scanning, Spiral binding, CD writing, Antivirus update, computer printing facilities to the students and faculty.
Nagaland University has three permanent campuses at Lumami, Kohima and Medziphema and an interim campus at Dimapur each having its own library
Library page maintained by Central Library, Lumami